Saturday, June 15, 2013

Crawfish Etoufee, made easy!!!


OK~ So my family LOVES Crawfish Etoufee and we always go to expensive restaurants to get it, or in the past I have made Chef Paul Prudhomme's recipe from scratch, which is excellent, but more time consuming! A friend of mine told me about how she uses 2 types of soups to make the sauce instead of making a roux~ well, I had to try!! I'll make crawfish etoufee more often, the easier it is to make!! I tried it, and was blown away by how close the flavor was to etoufee made from scratch!!! Have to share with y'all!!!!
     CRAWFISH ETOUFEE
Looks good, doesn't it?!

1 15 oz. can petite diced tomatoes
1 can cream of celery soup (normal size)
1 can cream of mushroom soup (normal size)
2 lbs cooked, thawed, and rinsed crawfish tails
1 Green pepper~ chopped small (not minced, but small for this and all listed below)
1 med-large onion~ chopped small
2 jalapeño peppers~ chopped small
2 stalks celery~ chopped small
1 Tbsp minced garlic
2 sticks of butter
2 Bay Leaves
3/4 tsp thyme
1 tsp black pepper
Red pepper flakes~ to taste, if not spicy enough
Salt~ to taste
Chop up veggies and sauté in melted butter til well cooked. Bay leaves, and garlic in too!

This is what you add to the cooked up veggies~ this was for a double batch, you'd use a small can of tomatoes, and only one can of each soup for just one batch!


Put soups, spices and tomatoes into pan! Stir well~ Simmer for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.

Put all the crawfish tails into the Etoufee sauce after simmering for 20 minutes! Look at the pretty color of those tasty little tails!!!  Stir tails in well~Simmer for another 5 minutes, just enough to warm up the already cooked tails!


All mixed up and ready to serve over cooked rice! Salt and pepper to taste! Adjust spiciness with hot pepper flakes, to your liking!! 


YUMMY~  Hope you enjoy this great recipe as much as we all did! It's a keeper recipe that I'll make often!! Easy, great tasting Crawfish Etoufee!!! Hard to beat!!!!

6 comments:

  1. I made this last year after my husband and I tried Crawfish Etouffe while in Colorado, granted I have no idea how to cook or deal with crawfish I substituted shrimp and this recipe was amazing! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad to hear, Linzie!!! They usually sell frozen, cooked crawfish tails at the grocery store! That's what I used!! :) Happy cooking!! Blessings!~

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've made this several times and turns out great every time. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Trying to save recipe havin hard time

    ReplyDelete
  5. Are you adding any water or broth to the cans of soup?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just making this now. Didn't have the thyme but we'll see how it turns out.

    ReplyDelete