Saturday, June 9, 2012

CHEATING Corn Bread!

I have always loved corn bread growing up, and I'm always looking for a great recipe!  Have had it at several places, and it tasted almost like cake, it was that good~ WELL...turns out that's because most likely it WAS 'part cake'!!  Recently found a corn bread recipe, believed to be Disneyland's, that mixes Jiffy Corn Muffin Mix with yellow cake mix.  HAD to try, but it did not give specifics on how to make, so I have tried different ways~  I think we have it down now, and I'll share!  WE LOVED IT!  From now on, we will be CHEATERS on real corn bread!!  :)


                                                 CHEATING CORN BREAD!


Take 1 box of Jiffy Cornbread Mix, 1/2 a box of yellow cake mix, 3 eggs, 1/3 cup milk, 1/2 cup water, and  1/4 cup vegetable oil and mix well~
Pour into 13X 9 glass pan, sprayed with Pam~ Bake in 350 degree oven for 25 minutes, or until cooked through~
Cut your yummy pieces!!
All buttered up, ready to be eaten!  Enjoy!  SOOOO MOIST!

3 comments:

  1. You are a sweet soul to tell your secrets! Looks good, too bad it has carbs and I will never not even on my birthday week eat it, but I would taste it! Invite me to come over next time......Ever since those cute baby hawks showed up on your porch you have been snubbin me....LOL Love you sissa! You the best sis ever!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL~ I can't have it either, but my boys all can! I tasted it though, and it really was great! They have asked me to make it twice in a week! :) Yes, my hawk family has stole most of my attention! Can't help it! Johnny's too now! You'll have to come over and hawk watch! I'm the 'Lady Hawk' now! Ha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll post a pic of one of them!

    ReplyDelete