Wednesday, June 13, 2012

HAWK Family in my back yard!!

I KNOW, this is a food blog, BUT I can't help but share my Hawk family pics with y'all!!  They LIVE in a nest on our property, right next to our house!  They fly right past us, chase each other, perch in our trees, hunt right next to us and eat prey.  One has flown right onto the deck chair next to me, looked at me for a second, then flew off.  I know to watch it, as they could attack, but these guys seem so used to us, they seem more curious then anything else~  Just BEAUTIFUL creatures!

                     CLICK ON PICS TO ENLARGE.  THEY ARE HARD TO SEE~  
Fledgling chilling out.  He/she sat there for hours~
Think this one is dad...he perches on high points, and watches all the other guys~
Newly fledged...looking for bugs, anything that crawls~
Mom perched under nest at dusk, waiting for her babies to come back home~
This guy sat here for hours, and knew I was watching him/her, flew past me into a small tree and stared at me, while I looked at it with binoculars.  It was watching me watch him, THEN he/she flew onto deck chair right next to me.  This is the one I talked about above~  a bit scary, but THRILLING!
Mom or dad...Hmmm, don't know.  Seemed to be waiting on little ones to return home again.  Everyday at the same time; dusk.  CLICK ON PICS TO SEE ENLARGED!

2 comments:

  1. wow, that is amazing.....love how you can see so clearly when you double click! Thanks Dena!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're welcome! Aren't they sooo cool?!!! I can't stop watching them, and will be sad when they are gone! :)

    ReplyDelete