Saturday, May 19, 2012

CANDIED BACON!

My sleepy teen boys woke up late, wanting our 'Candied Bacon'!  We make that with the same sauce I made to glaze the Jalapeno Stuffed Chicken I posted on Friday.  It's so simple to make, and GREAT tasting!  You HAVE to try it!  The bacon tastes great on BLT's too!
Place THICK SLICED bacon down on cookie sheet~ then evenly, and heavily coat each piece with the sauce!  Top with fresh cracked pepper!
Bake in oven at 400 degrees for 20-30 minutes.  Depending on how crisp you like your bacon!  I like mine crispy, so I do around 30 minutes.  Watch near the end as it can burn fast at this stage.  (bits of burnt still taste good!)
All finished, draining on paper towels!   Had to stop my boys and hubby from taking the last ones, so I could get a pic!


Sauce recipe~
1/2 cup maple syrup
3Tablespoons dijon mustard
1 tablespoon brown sugar


You can cut that recipe in half for this recipe, though!  

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. sounds good, must have a simular taste as honeyed ham. too bad I am at an age where I have sworn of bacon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ginger~ Maybe once and a while for a treat! :)

    ReplyDelete