Friday, May 11, 2012

GOT (Breast) MILK???

Of course most of you have seen or heard about the Time Magazine cover pic out today with a beautiful , young mom standing there while her 3, going on 4 year old son stands on a chair nursing as they both look at the camera all pretty. Hmmmmm~ this one gets me. I am ALL for breast feeding, but I do believe there is an age when it needs to be 'retired' for the KIDS sake! You hear about all the flack some parents get, simply for letting their 2 year old still have a pacifier, yet some ladies breast feed till their kids are 6-7 years old! I have to say, these moms have separation issues and can not let go. I've been at many photo shoots, and I can tell you that this boy couldn't have been nursing for all of the pictures taken. He had to have been told to 'latch on' to mom and 'look this way at the camera." How is this sweet boy going to feel in the future, when he is a teenager?? As the cover asks, 'Are You Mom Enough'~ well, are you mom enough to LET GO?? Just a thought, and something on my mind I wanted to share!
There is the above that troubles me, only because of age of the child, then there is the Obama NANNY state of elites, who are MULTI_MILLIONAIRES, if not BILLIONAIRES, telling  200Kers THEY are 'TOO rich', and should 'give' more!  (HOW, after they take HALF, and you still have taxes for local, state and everything else, are you supposedly 'RICH' after this, with kids to raise and a retirement to save for??)  200Kers are put in the SAME Tax bracket as billionaires!  (yet 50Kers are eligible for FOODSTAMPS under Obama!) Billionaires and millionaires ARE STILL  RICH, and FEEL rich,  after the government raises THEIR taxes...it IS the upper middle and middle class that are HIT HARD!   CRAZY!    
Add caption

1 comment:

  1. while the article was of some interest.... off base also, I found the cover in bad taste.

    ReplyDelete